March 02, 2010

Front Row

I've got to say, I love MK&A as much as the next gay, but I find myself loving them more and more every day. The lovable pint-sized twins whom we grew up with, debuted their show at New York Fashion Week this season with their high-end line, The Row. Olsens also have another line called Elizabeth&James - named after their siblings.

I love this collection to pieces! Literally. I would wear every piece in this collection. You can definitely see the Olsens' style in the 20 looks they girls showed, very Ashley-esque with a touch of Mary-Kates grunge. Mary-Kate and Ashley both wanted this collection to straight to the point and anonymously chic - which is the perfect way to sum up The Row Fall 2010.

Photos courtesy of Style.com

I love the wide bell shaped bottoms on the jackets and dress, much like the ones seen at Marc Jacobs. Those elbow length leather gloves, thin tie belt and blue python dress are my favorites. I will be keeping my eye out for similar, more affordable items, asap! I've also been talking a lot about staple pieces and investing in them. This collection is a compilation of dark staple pieces! The Olsens definitely get where I'm coming from! Or rather.. their style has definitely influenced me a great deal. I'm gonna have to go with the second one, hah! Needless to say, staple pieces made from luxurious fabrics paired with luxe python and leather. Minimal, for sure. I can't wait to see future collections from my favorite celebrity designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment