July 28, 2010

The future in high res


This is genius! It just comes to show you that publication isn't dead, just enhanced. I've wanted to go into publication after spending the best three years of my life with my high school's yearbook. It was something I loved and truly enjoyed -- and still look back on today. I even majored in Journalism and English in college back in New York, one of the biggest publication locations.

This is not only brilliant in the sense of keeping an industry alive, but also thriving new ones such as the retail, software, technology, and manufacturing industries. As soon as Vogue, Nylon, W, Elle, Harpers, In Touch, and all of my other favorite magazines jump on the bandwagon you can bet I'll be in line at the Apple store getting my new iPad!

One con, though, this directly affects the printing industry drastically. The silver lining is that we'll be saving trees! Right?

For anyone who already has an iPad, if you guys try out the Net-a-Porter app, please let me know how you like it.

1 comment:

  1. I swore I wasn't going to get excited about the iPad but this alone could change my mind! All editorials all the time!!!

    ReplyDelete