February 19, 2010

Zara Spring 2010

Today, when I went to the mall in search of pieces to update my cousin's wardrobe, we stopped by Zara. I've always loved Zara and am so glad that we finally have one here in Austin. When I lived in New York I always went to Zara for chic business casual attire, and then would go next door to H&M to find a cheaper version. Living in New York did not leave me much of a clothing budget. :/

Back to my story. We went into Zara and I immediately ran towards a certain trench coat I had seen a few weeks back. I still haven't gotten the trench coat out of my head. It is so beautiful, on the rack and on my body. Unfortunately, it is getting warmer where I leave and is only cold a few months out of the year, so I thought about it economically. I would not have many chances to wear it, therefore, I would not be getting a good return on my purchase. I am still thinking about it as I type. I may be going back to get it anyways. Wreckless spending and minimal self-control at its' finest.

I tried to find the trench on the Zara website to show you but could not find the exact one in stores. Instead, I was surprised to run into an amazing new collection campaign shown online featuring the faces of German model Toni Garrn and, my personal favorite, American model Sean O'pry. Take a look for yourself.



From the looks of it, Zara's spring collection is very loose western meets modern day safari, that can also look recession friendly with the loose casual look. The soft, muted colors are change from the typical bright florals we use during the spring. Although the color are beige, browns and greens, Zara makes them bright and airy for spring - which works perfectly. If you stop by a Zara nearest you, you will also find soft colored print shirts and statement colored dresses to complete the collection - giving you the ultimate sophisticated spring season.

Here are some of my favorite dresses.
I love the eggplant color on the first dress and the draping on one shoulder topped off with a thin waist belt. Mix with some nude platform pumps and a messy bun and you've got a simple, yet sexy, nighttime look.
The two asymmetrical dresses make a much louder statement. Both dresses accentuates the shoulder, which is one of the hottest trends at the moment. The forest green dress with a tulle shoulder draping is very Lanvin Spring 2010 inspired, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment